Summer unofficially kicks off this weekend, and for a lot of families, vacation plans will include taking the kids to some sort of theme park to keep them entertained. The competition for visitors has parks adding new and exciting attractions each year, and now a new list reveals which new attractions are worth the trip.
- “USA Today” 10Best asked their readers to chime in with their picks for the 10 Best New Theme Park Attractions in the U.S.
- The list included rides that have just opened or are expected to open this summer.
- Topping the list this year is Ice Breaker at SeaWorld Orlando, the park’s first launch roller coaster, which includes a reverse launch into a 93-foot spike, the highest in Florida.
- It also has a 100 degree angle, a 1,900 foot ling track, and a top speed of 52 mph.
Top 10 Best New Theme Park Attractions in the U.S.
(click here for details on each ride)
- Ice Breaker at SeaWorld Orlando (Florida)
- Daddy Pig's Roller Coaster at Peppa Pig Theme Park (Legoland Florida Resort, Orlando)
- Emperor at SeaWorld San Diego (California)
- Pantheon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg (Virginia)
- Tidal Surge at SeaWorld San Antonio (Texas)
- Jersey Devil at Six Flags Great Adventure (New Jersey)
- Iron Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- Wonder Woman Flight of Courage at Six Flags Magic Mountain (California)
- Jurassic VelociCoaster at Universal's Island of Adventure (Florida)
- LEGO Factory Adventure at LEGOLAND New York Resort. (New York)
Source: USA Today