1) Butterfly Wonderland Foundation: Butterfly Wonderland
Butterfly Wonderland is coming to Arizona May 25th! It’s a rainforest experience where thousands of butterflies fly freely around the largest butterfly atrium in America. For ticket information, visit www.butterflywonderland.com.
2) Arizona Restaurant Association: AZ Restaurant Week
Over 125 of Arizona’s best restaurants are serving up great deals during Restaurant Week, May 18th through the 27th. Dine out and support local organizations throughout the Valley. To view a list of restaurants, visit www.azrestaurant.org.
3) The Phoenix Symphony: Salute to the Troops
The Phoenix Symphony will celebrate our nation’s freedom with a special performance of patriotic favorites May 31st through June 2nd. Ticket info for the Salute to the Troops concert is at www.phoenixsymphony.org
4) Aid to Adoption of Special Kids (AASK): Foster Care Awareness Month May is Foster Care Awareness Month. Aid to Adoption of Special Kids invites you to make a permanent, lifelong connection by fostering, adopting or mentoring a foster child. To learn more, visit www.aask-az.org
5) Hacienda HealthCare: Training Programs for Adults with Autism Hacienda HealthCare has launched a new training program for young autistic men and women. Participants will learn vocational skills and will receive job placement assistance. More info is at www.HaciendaHealthcare.org.
6) Military Assistance Mission: Memorial Ride
Honor our fallen American heroes at the 3rd Annual Memorial Day Ride on May 25th. The event features bands, brews and bar-b-que and benefits the Military Assistance Mission. To find out more, check out www.azmam.org.
7) Ballet Arizona: Topia
Ballet Arizona will perform Topia, at the Desert Botanical Garden May 14th through June 1st. Don’t miss this outdoor ballet inspired by the beauty of the Sonoran Desert. Details are at www.balletaz.org
8) National Weather Service: Storm Spotter Classes
The National Weather Service office in Phoenix is holding free storm spotter classes through the beginning of June. Help keep our Valley safe during this year’s monsoon season. Learn more at www.weather.gov/phoenix