1) American Heart Association: Heart Walk
You can change the future of heart disease in the Valley! Walk in the American Heart Association’s Heart Walk on March 29th and step towards a stronger, healthier life. Details are at http://www.heart.org/.
2) MY LIFE: My Fest
My Fest, the free music, art and youth empowerment festival which provides resources and raises awareness for mental health, substance abuse and other issues facing young adults is March 23rd. For details go to http://www.magellanofaz.com/community-resources/events.aspx.
3) Save the Family: Golf Tournament
Golf in the Save the Family Golf Tournament on April 4th and enjoy a day of food, prizes, and great golf. Proceeds help families conquer homelessness and achieve life-long independence. Details are at www.savethefamily.org.
4) Attorney General’s Mortgage Relief Fund: Foreclosure Prevention Event Attend a free foreclosure prevention event on March 27th, sponsored by the Arizona Attorney General’s Mortgage Relief Fund. Learn about your options regarding refinancing. No appointment is necessary. For more info, visit http://www.azforeclosureprevention.org/index.htm.
5) Muhammed Ali Parkinson Center: Celebrity Fight Night
Celebrity Fight Night, the star-studded gala benefitting the Muhammed Ali Parkinson Center and other Valley charities celebrates its 20th anniversary on Saturday, April 12th. Ticket info is at www.celebrityfightnight.org.
6) Valle del Sol: Golf Tournament
Tee off at Valle del Sol’s Golf Tournament on April 16th and support health and prevention programs for children and families. For more info about the shotgun start and scramble format, check out http://www.valledelsol.com/?page_id=790.
7) Phoenix Pride Community Foundation: Festival
The Phoenix Pride Festival is April 5th and 6th. The celebration will bring diverse communities together and raise funds for the Phoenix Pride Community Foundation and its programs. To find out more, visit www.phoenixpride.org.
8) Kids Need To Read: Laser Tag Tournament
Sign up for the charity laser tag tournament on April 12th. Proceeds benefit Kids Need to Read, an organization that provides children’s books to underfunded schools, libraries, and literacy programs. More info is at http://www.ultrastarakchin.com/events.asp?id=7.